[conspire] Question about Unix Class

Ryman rymanle at gmail.com
Thu May 19 19:50:35 PDT 2005

Hi guys, I'm new to linux and I want to learn more about Linux. I've
been using linux for like a month now but I know nothing about command
line or anything. I just use it for daily use like email, listen to
music, chat ... I really want to get to know about the system, trouble
shooting.

- My college is offering a "Unix Operating System" course this summer.
I'm wondering if I should take this course or not.

Here is the description of the course:

This is an introductory course in the UNIX operating system, including
basic UNIX commands, advanced vi features, file and directory
manipulation, and UNIX mail, write and talk. This course includes
shell command line, set-up, customizing the shell environment, alias
mechanism, pipes, I/O redirection and text manipulation and an
introduction to system administration.

The fee for this class is $88. It starts on 06/01 and end on 07/06.

- I also have question about installfest this Saturday. Is it going to
be at Google building or at Rick's place. I'm not sure because I read
an email that said something about installfest at Rick's from 4 until
midnight. I'm sorry if I'm not correct. Please comfirm this.

Thanks for spending your time to read and answer this.