SuSe 9.3 / Re: [conspire] s MEPIS 3.3.1 t2 Gnu / Linux

Peter Knaggs peter.knaggs at gmail.com
Mon May 9 09:32:01 PDT 2005

Ed wrote:
> So how about all the crippled multimedia and mp3 playback that I've read
> about in SUSE 9.3?  The KDE desktop is supposed to be quite a bit faster
> than previous stripes of SuuuuuuuSE.

I think Novell made a large number of update packages available
to fix that. There was a link to where to find them at the end of that
SuSE 9.3 review a while back.
 It did seem to be a rather extensive fix affecting many packages.

It looks like the SuSE distro is getting some needed help from Debian folks,
as these mirrors have all the "missing" packages and seem to have
been built from Debian, at least the versions are the same as the
ones in Debian:
   http://mirrors.mathematik.uni-bielefeld.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/9.3-i386/
Any idea who's doing it, how they're doing it?

Peter.