[conspire] Re: Box needed for open source demo ; -> (was: box needed for FLOSS demo)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon May 2 20:30:35 PDT 2005

Christian Einfeldt <einfeldt at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I am going to be demoing a FLOSS (free libre open source software)
> box (computer) for a principal of a local SF charter school on
> Monday May 9 in San Francisco.  Does anyone in the Bay Area have a
> decent box to give away?  More than 1 gig chip speed would be nice,
> and it would also be nice if it had 512 MB RAM.  A smallish hard
> drive is okay.  Actually, anything is okay.

Christian, I could _lend_ a slightly lower-spec machine (400 MHz Celeron
w/320MB RAM), if you can arrange pickup and redelivery from/to Menlo Park.
I wish you luck on getting for free a unit with >1GHz CPU and 512MB RAM:
A quick check on eBay suggests such machines now tend to run around $500
used, so it would probably have to be someone who either has money to
burn or really, really likes you.  ;->