[conspire] Christian draws out a Sun Microsystems guy

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at earthlink.net
Sun May 1 19:00:48 PDT 2005

On Sunday 01 May 2005 01:17, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Christian Einfeldt (einfeldt at earthlink.net):
> > Now you have certainly made your case as well in this email,
> > and perhaps I should interview you at an upcoming Cabal
> > meeting, if you have time in between barbequing.
>
> Eek!  ;->
>
> I'm not really the droid you're looking for, honest.

Actually, I think that a good interview would be your experiences
with the installfests.  I am thinking that MadPenguin readers might
be wanting to know how they can give back to the community, and I
think that organizing an installfest or attending an installfest
might be a good angle.  Anyone else on this list would like to be
interviewed about this topic for MadPenguin, please also speak up.

My goal for the interview would be to show how you Linuxmafiosos got
started doing installfests; how to find locations; how to publicize
them;  how to avoid having to sink too much time and money into
them; in other words, how to make them manageable and not
overwhelming.  As well as the benefits of doing them:  having fun
and what is fun about doing them or attending them networking;
finding jobs; finding better jobs; and whatever other other
benefits you can think of.

> What you might want to do is contact the GCJ developer team,
> maybe one of the Red Hat guys.  If you're lucky, one of them may
> be here in the Bay Area.  (Red Hat has a Mountain View office,
> derived from Cygnus Development, which they acquired.)

Actually, this is a good idea.  Do you have any contacts on that GCJ
team?

> (A reporter acquaintance of mine in Sydney insisted on
> interviewing me, several years ago, and I took no end of grief
> over that, especially after it ended up, to my horror, as a
> Slashdot story.  I have a local mirror of the article, here:
> http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/smh.html )

Heh.  That was a funny article.  Thanks for sharing it with me.