[conspire] 2nd CABAL meeting + extended hours: _this_ Saturday

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Mar 15 14:22:39 PST 2005

As many members know, SVLUG has two giant problems at the moment:
The group has lost its longtime space for its monthly general/main
(lecture format) meetings at Cisco.  Very recently, another blow fell:
They've also lost their installfest location (Accent Technologies, north
San Jose, which has gone out of business).

If you have prospects for either event (and the big constraint for
general meetings is that SVLUG attendence can run to 100-150 people),
please send them to officers at svlug.org.

The installfest problem posed a particular challenge because the next
one is days away -- this Saturday.  (SVLUG installfests normally run
11 am to 4 pm, on the 3rd Saturday of each month.)   That's _so_ soon
that it looked like the event would have to be cancelled.

So, we're helping them out.  There _still_ isn't going to be a 2nd March
CABAL meeting on the day before Easter, the 26th.  However, instead,
we're holding on _this_ Saturday, the 19th, and extending our hours to
include the installfest's regular time.

      March 2005
 Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
        1  2  3  4  5
  6  7  8  9 10 11 12  <= 1st March CABAL meeting, Sat. March 12.
 13 14<15>16 17 18 19  <= 2nd March CABAL meeting, Sat. March 19.
 20 21 22 23 24 25 26  <= (Nothing to see here; move along.)
 27 28 29 30 31

So, we'll be starting bright'n'early at 11 AM -- and masochists^w truly
devoted types are welcome to linger as long as midnight, our traditional
closing time.

If anyone can bring one more folding table, that would be great.  We
have lots of space, just only the two usual tables, as y'all know.

I've updated the CABAL page and sent a message out to svlug-announce;
I'll be updating BALE Real Soon Now.

--
Cheers,                                The other day, upon the stair,
Rick Moen                              I met a man who wasn't there.