[conspire] Re: 3.1_r0a i386 iso-cd files available on 2 DVD's

Peter Knaggs peter.knaggs at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 09:03:19 PDT 2005

> Peter replaced the Win98 one with a huge swap partition and
> a Linux partition onto which he installed Knoppix.

Yes, the entire drive is around 10GB. I might have made a mistake and made
the swap partition too big. There wasn't much free space in the knoppix root
partition after the install had completed, which might be causing the slowdown
now.

> Apparently something about the installation wasn't right,

It's possible, indeed. We did the install with only a half-hour to spare
before midnight, and so there wasn't really much time to check things
over afterwards.

I think Daniel's instructions will work correctly, to make one big
partition -- as things had been originally when win98 was installed,
although I'm a bit worried that the "grub" installation's menu.lst
file will be lost in the process, and thus render the existing
windows 2000 installation on the first partition un-bootable.

That's fine if Jose only wants to boot Win98 on the machine,
but I thing that may not be the case as he was fairly keen on seeing
that windows 2000 did boot up OK after the Knoppix install was done.

Cheers,
Peter.