[conspire] Re: (somewhat OT) Epson (and other) inkjets

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Tue Jul 26 06:57:17 PDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 04:13:37PM -0700, William R Ward wrote:
> I just bought a Samsung laser printer for $69 after rebate from Frys,
> and so far am quite happy with it.  It even came with Linux drivers on
> the CDROM (though it plays well with LPRng and presumably Cups so I
> didn't bother).  I don't really need to print in color that often
> anyway.

I have an old HP 4ML which is a Postscript printer.  It's an old
printer.  Are there any advantages to a Postscript printer for
low-volume home use?  Or do the drivers rasterize Postscript just
fine?

BTW, Bill, how's the Samsung at printing envelopes?  My Laser does a
good job of sealing them closed when they don't get jammed. ;)

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org