[conspire] Re: (somewhat OT) Epson (and other) inkjets

Eric De Mund ead-conspire at ixian.com
Mon Jul 25 15:42:24 PDT 2005

Rick,

Thank you very much for pointing out the nefarious behavior Epson
engages in in your email which could have sported the alternate title
"games printers play" (a suitable sequel to Eric Berne, M.D.'s book
"Games People Play"?). I appreciate your heads up on this disgusting
little game. I had no idea; I will not be buying Epson products for
myself or my clients any time soon.

I recently bought an HP PSC 2350 all-in-one color inkjet (the "all-in-
one meaning that it can print, scan, and photocopy documents) for
$150.00. Though I've not successfully gotten it to scan under Debian
Sarge (3.1), I'm happy with it. I wanted a printer that would enable me
to enter the color printing world, and this one is quite nice. We'll see
if the cartridges reduce me to dinners of peanut butter and jelly sand-
wiches. My previous and still working laser was (is) a NEC SuperScript
870 which is a fine printer, though just not so fine under linux. (And,
presently, I only have linux systems at home.)

Cheers,
Eric
--
"As your attorney, it is my duty to inform you that it is not important
that you understand what I'm doing or why you're paying me so much

Eric De Mund
email: <ead at ixian.com>