[conspire] pixma ip3000 and mepis 331t1

bruce coston jane_ikari at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 14:10:11 PDT 2005

<pan.2005.07.22.01.57.30.189604 at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us>

> Here is a HOWTO for getting an iP3000 working on a
> Debian-based
> distribution:
> Notice that the driver there for the iP3000 is
> different from the one for
> the iP4000. For the iP2000, just run kprinter and
> tell it you have either
> a BJC-7000 or a BJC-7100.
>
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:28:58 -0700, bruce coston
> wrote:
>
> > my ip2000 used to just work after trivial setup on
> > mepis.
ubuntu 5.04 gives good color output using the
7004bjc800 driver etc. even when i specify monochrome.
and ubuntu lacks a dialer so my home install can't
dial out to get vital things i need like email.
mepis331t1 raw install gives the old results i love
using the 7100 driver on my ip3000, probably2000 also.
your advice does not work for many distro's anymore apparently.