[conspire] paid job for linux network creation and maintenance

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jul 18 17:09:14 PDT 2005

Quoting Tony Godshall (togo at of.net):

> There are other words for employment short of a "job" but I
> can't come up with one today for some reason.  I did learn a
> word for that, tho.  It's anomia.  But if you can remember
> that anomia is the name of the condition you have do you
> really have it?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anomia

When I have one of those moments, I flash back to the classic,
_original_ 1967 version of "Bedazzled" with Dudley Moore and the late
Peter Cook, in which Moore is hapless short-order cook Stanley Moon in a
Faustian predicament, and Cook is "George Spiggot" (the Devil), showing
up in the basement where Moon just flubbed a suicide attempt to make
him an offer for his soul:

Moon:  "I'd like to be more... um... um...  <snaps fingers in frustration>"

Spigot:  "Articulate?"

Moon:  "Yeah!"