[conspire] Reminder about jobs postings (was: paid job for linux network creation and maintenance)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jul 18 13:43:35 PDT 2005

Quoting Christian Einfeldtextra (einfeldtextra at gmail.com):

> I just wanted to let the wizards here know that there is a job
> creating and installing and maintaining a Linux network that has been
> advertised here at DIYparts.org:
>
> http://www.diyparts.org/detail.php?siteid=320

<hat="listadmin">

Hi, Christian.  Your post was definitely _not_ a problem, and I'm not
complaining or saying you shouldn't do it, but this is just a gentle
reminder that we ask people to send jobs postings _in general_ via the
listadmin address (conspire-owner at linuxmafia.com), rather than directly
to the list.

That policy (detailed on
http://linuxmafia.com/mailman/listinfo/conspire) is aimed mostly at
recruiters, and especially at those recruiters who post the same job ads
simultaneously across a dozen or so Bay Area technical lists, such that
we encounter the same posts everywhere.  So, the main idea behind wanting
those posts submitted via the listadmin is to give us the chance to say
"Er, we've already seen that everywhere else; we don't need it here,
too."

There's _no_ problem with occasional one-time, not-replicated-everywhere
jobs postings by regular posters like yourself.  (We try to be flexible
and light-handed.)  Your posting was welcome:  I'm addressing the
general case.

</hat>