[conspire] (forw) Re: (forw) Re: [vox-announce] Reminder: Linux Installfest workshop at UC Davis, January 22nd

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jan 20 15:17:16 PST 2005

What am I, a fscking free-of-charge research librarian?

Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:16:27 -0800
From: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
To: Paul Wythes <paul at wythes.com>
Subject: Re: (forw) Re: [vox-announce] Reminder: Linux Installfest workshop at UC Davis, January 22nd

Quoting Paul Wythes (paul at wythes.com):

> Do you know of any future installfests?  I'm out of town this weekend.
> The closer to San Francisco, the better.  Thanks!

All Bay Area groups I know of[1] are linked from BALE,
http://linuxmafia.com/bale/ .  You can/should answer your own question
by consulting the schedule for each group -- especially CABAL, EBLUG,
LUGOD, and SVLUG.

As I explained separately, any CABAL meeting is, functionally, an
installfest in any meaningful sense of the term.

That page (BALE) includes a calendar of upcoming events.  Warning:
The events listing is often not complete, because I often simply don't
have time to fully maintain it.  However, you can always get the
straight dope by following the links to the various groups' own pages,
and checking there.

[1] Actually, there's one exception, and it _is_ a San Francisco group:
http://www.sf-lug.org/  I just haven't yet had time to add it to the
listings.

----- End forwarded message -----