[conspire] Not that they asked my opinion, but:

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Dec 23 20:21:41 PST 2005

http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Essays/winolj.html

Rick Moen  .   .   .
INOLJ-OOW2.0C (Is Not On LiveJournal Or Other Web 2.0 Cults)

No, I'm really not interested in your Web-based "social network". And my
data aren't going onto your Web-hosted "service".

I've been spammed by Orkut, LiveJournal, GreatestJournal, Xanga,
LinkedIn, MeetUp, Friendster, ArtBoom, openBC, Bebo, MySpace, hi5.com,
Memetika, Ryze, and Tribe.net  all telling me over and over how they're
going to "build my social network", even though I'm absolutely not
interested. On the app-server side, TextDrive, FilmLoop, Flickr,
del.icio.us, GMail, Basecamp, 43 Things, Socialtext.net, Frappr,
Blinksale, Protopage, Plaxo, Favorville, snapmania, and Fotki all say
they're rapturously eager to do me the great favour of storing my
personal data for me, telling me all about the "convenience" of not
having to do it myself.

[...]