[conspire] Off Topic: Looking for a Bay Area group that supports Microsoft desktop/laptops.

Jeff Frasca phaedrus at sasquatch-infotech.com
Tue Dec 13 15:04:38 PST 2005

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 01:53:52PM -0800, Mark S Bilk wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 11:20:41AM -0800, Alan wrote:
> >Hi All,
> >
> >I've been looking for a group of people that meet on a regular basis in
> >the bay area dealing with corporate Microsoft systems.  I'm a help desk
> >manager that's looking to share and develop new ideas particulary around
> >MS desktop/laptop OS's.  If you know of such a group please let me know.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Alan Davies
>
> Sounds like you want the Church of Satan, but I don't know
> if they have a branch around here.

Last time I had to admin an NT box was in High School, and the
thing was finicky (it would occasionally do the full on BSOD, in
all its register-dump-to-the-screen glory, there was nothing to do
beside reboot the stupid thing).

Eggnog, one of the other techs, was particularly good with the NT
server and the windows boxes.  One day, he brought his satanic
bible (no joke.  Black cover, big upside-down pentagram, looked
like it came out of a Quake map).  I saw it and became enlightened.

Jeff