[conspire] Linux program to remove mail from server?

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Thu Apr 28 10:09:05 PDT 2005

begin Ross Bernheim quotation of Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 07:26:41AM -0700:

> Earlier versions of OS X were horrendous with the excesses. It has
> since gotten much better and some of that stuff can be turned off or
> made at least less objectionable.

Alternatively, you can make your Linux desktop _more_
annoying, to balance things out.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7889

> Ask Rick about cheap commodity hardware. You get what you pay for when
> you shop only by price.

My favorite way to pick hardware for Linux is to
look at the product specs pages from the good small
Linux box builders.  A small company will take a big
loss if a cheap component fails at a customer site,
so they're likely to use parts that have current
Linux driver writer attention, very high reliability,
and at least good price/performance.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/