[conspire] Linux program to remove mail from server?

Ross Bernheim rossbernheim at speakeasy.net
Tue Apr 26 23:02:34 PDT 2005

On Apr 26, 2005, at 10:36 PM, Edmund J. Biow wrote:

> I'm not quite there yet, but I do feel like something is missing when
> I'm at a Windows box (maybe the challenge & the thrill of getting
> something to work the way I want).  Besides, the rest of the world
> will continue to send me Word docs, html email, Excel spread sheets,
> etc.  I want to keep a foot in both camps.

If you have a bit of memory and some processing power, the Open Office
suite can read and write to the Word doc format and Excel spreadsheet
format. Note that very heavily formatted documents and those with
graphics may be problematic and macros do not work
cross program (though this is arguably a good thing). OOo also has a
presentation program that can read and write Power Point format
files. Most desktop distros usually come with Open Office.

Ross

You might think it irresponsible of me to drink with a shot of rum in
one
hand and a beer in the other, but relax -- I've got my good knee on the
wheel. (Travis Ruetenik)