[conspire] We don't support Mozilla

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Apr 24 16:28:06 PDT 2005

Quoting Ross Bernheim (rossbernheim at speakeasy.net):

> Wells probably went through a lot of this earlier. They seem much better
> now. One of the reasons that they check browsers is a security thing.

Call me a cynic, but I interpret _that_ as a post-hoc excuse, rather
than a reason.  As you say:

> However, given how insecure Explorer has been, I question their
> definition of security. :-)>

Moreover, checking for 128-bit SSL support logically requires only,
well, checking for 128-bit SSL support.  So, this is basically just a
smokescreen best understood as "We simply decided to do Javascript
vetting of a narrow list of pre-approved agent strings, but we know that
sounds stupid, so we're pretending this is a security precaution".

Remember, it only has to sound plausible enough that Alice doesn't
investigate.