[conspire] We don't support Mozilla

Edmund J. Biow ejb1 at isp.com
Sun Apr 24 09:25:55 PDT 2005

David Hartley wrote:

>I wish Mozilla would borrow Opera's idea of having a built-in magnifier.
>Hit the + key.. whole site is magnified Very, very useful. Does nothing for
>flash, or some other stuff, but works wonderfully with regular fonts &
>images.

You can hit Control + '+' and it will scale all font sizes up on Mozilla
& Firefox.

In Firefox you can install extensions that will enable you to add Zoom
In, Zoom Out & Original Size buttons wherever you want on your toolbars:

http://www.splintered.co.uk/experiments/70/

http://clav.mozdev.org/
(Use Zoomy & Toolbar Enhancements).

>www.davidhartley.com
>
>On 4/23/2005 3:29:29 PM, Bill Moseley (moseley at hank.org) wrote:
>

>>>I also grip about fonts (as my eyes get worse with age....).
>>>

>Does the Bank of America site have small fonts on your screen?  I have
>to wonder what they were thinking to use 65% fonts.

Internet Explorer, being not particularly standards complaint,
apparently renders fonts larger than most other browsers, and since they
are the de facto standard, everything looks too small on most other
browsers.

>Oh, it's so painful to watch my eighty-year-old dad "use" the web.  Remember
>the computer screens in the movie Brazil?  Nice external magnifying
>glass.  (Hey, and idea to rush out and patent!)

Windows has an Accessibility Wizard that enables you to dial in settings
easily for folks with limited visual accuity.  Big fonts, high contrast,
a magnifier bar that magnifies the area under your mouse.  I used them
to set up my mother's box.  I guess Linux has a set of programs, as
well, but I've never had cause to use them.