[conspire] We don't support Mozilla

David Hartley david at holistiq.com
Sun Apr 24 02:25:15 PDT 2005

I wish Mozilla would borrow Opera's idea of having a built-in magnifier.
Hit the + key.. whole site is magnified Very, very useful. Does nothing for
flash, or some other stuff, but works wonderfully with regular fonts &
images.

www.davidhartley.com

On 4/23/2005 3:29:29 PM, Bill Moseley (moseley at hank.org) wrote:
> > I also grip about fonts (as my eyes get worse with age....).

Does the Bank of America site have small fonts on your screen?  I have
to wonder what they were thinking to use 65% fonts.

> You know, there are ways to specify your own CSS style sheet to apply to
> pages you're browsing.  I don't have anything about that in front of me.

I used to have a minimum font set in Mozilla and Firefox for just this
reason.  And yes, I know about user style sheets.  BoA's response
about the fonts was to set my browser to use larger fonts -- but why
not let people make them smaller if they want, not larger?  What
percent of users know how to make their fonts show larger?  Oh, it's
so painful to watch my eighty-year-old dad "use" the web.  Remember
the computer screens in the movie Brazil?  Nice external magnifying
glass.  (Hey, and idea to rush out and patent!)