[conspire] news-to-mail gateway

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Sep 28 10:55:29 PDT 2004

Quoting William R Ward (bill at wards.net):

> There's a newsgroup?

Mentioned on the CABAL Web page, and on BALE.  This mailing list is (by
intention) bidirectionally gated.  Something broke the news -> list
half of the gate, some months back.

> Sounds like it would probably be best to just disable posting to the
> group until the issue can be resolved...

I could do that, but then it would be pretty difficult to debug --
and the effort of doing so -- and remove/disable language on various Web
pages -- would be wasted by the need to un-do all of that same effort
the moment it's fixed.

I mentioned to Daniel (in person) when he brought this up that I
_thought_ I'd mentioned the breakage on the newgroup side, for the
benefit of anyone trying to participate, there.  He says I forgot to do
so.  I apologised for my oversight.  Which brings us to Daniel's "When's
it going to be fixed?" and my "I have no way of telling you that."