[conspire] Ubuntu

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Oct 14 22:05:33 PDT 2004

Bill Lazar <bill at billsaysthis.com> wrote:
> Okay but they'll be in for a big surprise when a release is set for an
> earlier or same month (4.06, for instance) when people start asking how this
> is happening.

Just to make sure we're on the same page:  4.06 would have been June 2004.
                                           |  |
                                           |  month
                                           year

To the best of my ability to tell, their only limitations are:

1.  No more than one full release each month (not really a problem).
2.  The scheme will break in just over 95 years.  ;->

Just to correct my earlier post, projected Ubuntu Linux branch names will be:

WartyWarthog = 4.10
HoaryHedgehog = 5.04 (April 2005 planned release)
GrumpyGroundhog = 5.10 (October 2005 planned release)

Obviously, those version _numbers_ would have to change when/if the
schedule slips.

(While I'm at it, I also flubbed the name of a longtime CD-burning
application in a post here, a while ago:  It should be "cdrdao" because
it's a "CD Record, Disk-At-Once" application, not "cdrdoa", as I typed it.)

Meanwhile, I'm also burning the WartyWarthog PPC release candidate.
Might well put it on my iBook.