[conspire] AAAGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Stoye skiffworks at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 8 14:39:22 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 14:12 -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Bill Stoye (skiffworks at earthlink.net):
>
> > Do you have a Ubuntu 'Warty' install CD?
>
> Not so far.  I'd debated downloading the pre-release image, and wasn't
> sure people would be wanting to try a beta, even if tempted by GNOME 2.8
> and a default 2.6 kernel.  But please do bring yours, and we can
> certainly do a test install onto something.

I'm downloading a fresh one(they change everyday), and will burn it.
Having the fresh .iso will reduce the number of packages that need to be
updated and increase the chances of a good installation as detection of
hardware and bugs have been worked on at a rapid rate. There has been an
average of 50(+/-) packages changed daily.

I'm not an early endorser myself(generally), I've had a few problems,
other than one outstanding one, they have been fixed.

The release date is Oct. 13th, for those who wish to wait.

Looking forward to the meeting;
Bill