[conspire] Printing to a LaserWriter

Greg Dougherty gregd at molecularsoftware.com
Fri Oct 8 02:03:40 PDT 2004

Hi all,

Yet another thing that strikes me as entirely trivial, but I can't figure out
how to do it.

I have a LaserWriter 16/600 PS.  It's on my LAN (three cheers for Ethernet).
How do I tell CUPS to use it?

It's not "locally connected", as I understand the term, since it's connected via
Ethernet, not USB / serial port / whatever.  I imported the ppd, and restarted
the cups deamon, but I seem to be missing something really basic, or, at least,
the documentation is.

How do I tell cups about my printer?  Do I use the NetWare Printer Name?  Its
Ethernet MAC address?

TIA,

Greg