[conspire] need recursive ftp put

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Nov 11 12:28:43 PST 2004

Quoting Patrick Killelea (badraig at yahoo.com):

> Hello Cabal,
> I need a way to put a big directory and all its
> contents to an ftp site, i.e. a recursive put. I don't
> have a shell on this remote site, just ftp
> permissions. It's possible but not practical to do
> mkdir over and over.

I haven't tried this, but here's part of the manpage for ncftpput:

DESCRIPTION
       The purpose of ncftpput is to do file transfers from  the command-line
       without  entering  an  interactive  shell.   This  lets you write shell
       scripts or other unattended processes that can do FTP.  It is also use-
       ful  for  advanced  users who want to send files from the shell command
       line without entering an interactive FTP program such as ncftp.