[conspire] [q5] (XMMS/audio player) thank yous

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Wed Nov 3 05:42:25 PST 2004

begin  Eric De Mund quotation of Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 01:35:20AM -0800:

> Thank you. I might look into this, down the road. Re "cleaner look than
> XMMS", note that XMMS supports classic (as opposed to modern) Winamp
> skins. I decided to run with the "Nucleo NLog v2G" skin, which is
> elegant and clean, functional, and easy on the eyes over the long haul:
>
>     Nucleo NLog v2G (7.1M downloads strong)
>     http://www.winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=81567

It looks nice, and I'm sure it's good as skins go, but
I like regular UI elements because they're obvious.
If something is a regular GTK+ widget instead of a
little picture of a hardware control, it's easier to
tell how to change it.

For example, look at the "shuffle" and "repeat"
controls.  To change them, do you have to drag,
or is a click enough?

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/