[conspire] Getting rid of monitors

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jul 27 12:53:07 PDT 2004

Quoting Christian Einfeldt (einfeldt at earthlink.net):

> Wow, the irony of all this is just killing me.

Oh, maybe I didn't make clear that I wouldn't just _throw away_ any
monitor of mine that's even barely repairable, let alone functional.
My 17" ViewSonic has been doctored back into operation twice, for example.
But there comes a time when they have to be recycled.

Certainly, people should not seek to merely throw away functional or
slightly defective monitors:  There are plenty of organisations that
will be very glad to accept them and find ways to use them.  But that's
a wholly different discussion from what I was talking about (or trying
to).

> I would absolutely LOVE to be able to coordinate the deliver of
> those monitors to people in the Bay Area, because there are tons
> and tons of people whom I know need computers.

When my monitors have collapsed, you probably won't want 'em.  ;->

> Anybody know anyone with a huge storage space?

I can rent some and sub-lease it to you.  How much can you afford?  ;->

--
Cheers,           find / -user your -name base -print | xargs chown us:us
Rick Moen
rick at linuxmafia.com