[conspire] Broadcom NetExtreme BCM5705 ethernet driver, Help!

Bill Stoye skiffworks at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 29 11:48:02 PST 2004

Thanks for the prompt response Rick. You have given me plenty to chew on and it'll take me awhile to sort it out.

Yes, it is a "gigabit ethernet controller" and I have a good Libranet installation on the non s-ata hard drive.

I did try to install kernel 2.6.2-2, from Debian's unstable branch, failed miserably and went back and did a fresh Libranet installation.

Can you direct me to a reasonably readable document for compiling the kernel?

I don't know how to download the kernel from Libranet with out compiling it; I have to do that on one machine, copy it to a CD and install it in the new box, so I used the .deb kernel.

Thank you,
Bill

PS I like Libranet very much.

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:38:24 -0800