[conspire] (forw) help?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Aug 24 17:45:06 PDT 2004

----- Forwarded message from "Grant E. Metcalf" <thegems at shellworld.net> -----

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:09:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Grant E. Metcalf" <thegems at shellworld.net>
To: rick at linuxmafia.com
Subject: help?

Rick,

A pleasant lady at the 650-561-9820 number directed me to this address--be
sure and give her my thanks.

I am looking for someone in the South San Francisco area to "do some
hand-holding", etc.  I am blind and new to Linux within the passed 2
weeks.   A friend in Fremont helped install the 'fedora core 2
distribution on my CPU--with a MS-DOS 7x & Windows 98 2nd ed partition.

I cannot get my U.S.Robotics Sportster 56000 to work in Linux, no
recognition!  Thinking of installing a PCI modem, but have no idea as to
what I am doing.

Probably will have other questions and issues as I grow along and would
like to find a willing helper locally. My friends on the Speakup list, a
blind speech access orientated group, have no more suggestions as to how I
might get my old modem to work--but for, "forget dialup and go cable or
DSL."

Any suggestions you might have are appreciated.

Cordially yours,

Grant
Listening for His shout! - First Thessalonians 4:16
Phone: 650-589-6890
Visit the Home Page of Bartimaeus Alliance of the Blind, Incorporated at
http://thegems.shellworld.net

----- End forwarded message -----