[conspire] Re: Installfest

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Jul 6 01:49:26 PDT 2003

[CC'ing my reply to CABAL's low-traffic "conspire" mailing list, and
setting Reply-To accordingly.  You might want to subscribe.]

Quoting David Ljung Madison (daves_exim at getdave.com):

> Any idea when the next SF installfest will be?

We're kinda screwed for July, unless someone can line up a good
substitute venue for Saturday, July 26, because of Robert Austin
Company's schedule:  http://www.robertaustin.com/showdates.htm   Mike
Higashi and I noticed this when we went over that schedule during the
most recent installfest, which you may have noticed was at the Oakland
Convention Center, a week ago.

It's generally reasonable to have installfests only on regular CABAL
days (2nd and 4th Saturdays).  The next few CABAL dates are:

Sa Jul. 12
Sa Jul. 26
Sa Aug.  9
Sa Aug. 23
Sa Sep. 13
Sa Sep. 27

RobAusCo listed events on those dates are as follows, _only_:

Saturday Jul 12 The Cow Palace
Saturday Aug 09 Oakland Convention Center
Saturday Sep 27 The Cow Palace

We can and probably will have installfest on the August and September
dates.  But the July one is way too soon, so barring a good venue
suggestion for July 26, it'll be the other two, only.

--
Cheers,                    Remember:  The day after tomorrow is the third day
Rick Moen                  of the rest of your life.
rick at linuxmafia.com