[conspire] Samba Blues...

Jose Sanchez jose_sanchez79 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 6 15:04:14 PST 2003

Hello. I am setting up a windows machine so it can
browse to my linux file server. I can see my lfs from
Windows Network Neighborhood with no problem which by
double-clicking on the Windows NN icon prompts me to
give a user name and password. I have users setup on
the lfs but when I try any of the IDs I get rejected
even root. The permissions on the shared folder are
set to rwx for all specified logins in the smb.conf
file. What am I missing in this setup? T I A

-Jose