[conspire] Re: NTFS Resizing

Nick Jennings nkj at namodn.com
Thu Feb 27 15:00:38 PST 2003

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 02:38:11PM -0800, Jose Sanchez wrote:
> Actually if you want the best of all worlds you can
> try:
> Yoper Linux
> http://www.yoper.com
>
> I (college student) personally am tired of using some
> of these distros because they just make it too easy
> for you to do anything which really takes the learning
> experience away.

 Well, I've been using Linux since 1997, so it's not about a learning
 for me, especially while at work and I need to get stuff done
 and integrate easily and without hassle into the office network environment.

 I have 5 or so servers here at work as well. Ranging from Fileservers, to
 Firewalls which run anything from Debian, to RedHat, to SourceMage. So I
 still get plenty of practice in - and I get paid for it too! :)

 But I do agree with what you are saying. Someone who is new to linux and
 actually WANTS to learn about linux might want to avoid the distro's that
 try to hide everything.

- Nick