[conspire] NTFS Resizing

Ed Biow biow at bigfoot.com
Sun Feb 23 10:11:16 PST 2003

There was a thread on this forum a coupla-few of months back about utilities
for resizing NTFS partitions.   Mandrake has just released 9.1 RC1, which
includes NTFS resizing, apparently from ntfsresize utility
(http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/mlf/ezaz/ntfsresize.html), part of the Linux-NTFS
Project: http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/.  I believe this is the same
resizer used in Xandros.

I think I'll probably attend the InstallFest on the 8th of March, if that is
still in the offing.   Just out of curiosity, does FreeBSD or its ilk ever
get installed at one of these affairs?   I tried installing 4.6 on a box just
to play around with it recently, but was rather put off by the different hard
drive naming conventions and the fact that it didn't see my partition table
the way I envisaged it existing, so I aborted (but apparently not before the
OS wrote its bootloader to my MBR!)  I don't think I'm quite ready for
FreeBSD, but I'd like to give Redhat 8.0 a spin or maybe SuSE 8.0 if it is
available.