[conspire] Linux PCMCIA NIC...

Heather Stern star at starshine.org
Wed Feb 5 12:40:13 PST 2003

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 11:59:58AM -0800, Jose Sanchez wrote:
> I hava an old fujitsu laptop which I want to setup as
> a router/firewall but it only has one PCMCIA slot. I
> want to put at least two 10/100 NICs. Is there a
> vendor that sells a PCMCIA card with more than one
> RJ-45 port that linux supports? Thanks in advance.
>
> -Jose

I'm not real sure about that, but I know as of a couple of years ago
there was somebody selling a oneslot/typeI converter to
twoslot/typeII-typeIII.  Thing stick out of your computer and looks
lame, but provides that extra slot.  It isn't the pcmcia bridge that
limits the number of connections.

All the best...

  . | .   Heather Stern                  |         star at starshine.org
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services - * - consulting at starshine.org
  ' | `   Sysadmin Support and Training  |        (800) 938-4078