[conspire] on partition tools

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Oct 20 00:25:27 PDT 2002

Quoting aludal (aludal at softhome.net):

> Just out of Surplus Computer shop -- and they have Partition Magic 6.0
> @US$29.00 + CAsalestax.

Here's a rather strange and ironic thing:  This evening, as I was out
finding a few more Web server daemons to add to the list at
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/#djb , I found that one of the authors'
personal pages had a hyperlink for "partition-magic-6.img".  I was
curious, so I pulled it down:  1.44 MB file, yep.  Mounted it as a loop
device:  Hmm!  It's an MS-DOS 6.22 boot floppy that mounts a RAMdisk and
then unpacks Partition Magic v. 6 into the latter.

Whee!  I get to violate the copyrights of both Microsoft Corporation and
PowerQuest Corp., if I wish.  Ah, temptation.

--
Cheers,                              Yes, I _am_ an agent of Satan,
Rick Moen                            but my duties are largely ceremonial.
rick at linuxmafia.com