[conspire] A satisfactory end to the developerWorks problem

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Oct 10 14:56:10 PDT 2002

Mr. Michael O'Connell is editor-in-chief of IBM's developerWorks Web site.
I won't forward his explanation (because it was private mail), but
here's my reply.

Among O'Connell's points was that the developerWorks representative used
changing Yahoo addresses not to hide or to conceal the IBM affiliation,
but rather to avoid having ibm.com itself overwhelmed by spam(!)  He
says they'll find better ways to verify that announcements will be
welcome before broadcasting them to mailing lists and newsgroups.
(Accordingly, I've removed *.yahoo.com from the "hold posts for
listowner approval" list.)