Mirrored here from the former
Document # 407 Internet Server Settings
Last Updated 03-28-2000
Server Information for Use with the Internet Service
Use the following information to configure your Internet applications:
- To Properly Retrieve your Email you need three settings:
- POP3 (Incoming) Mail Server- Is 1 of 5 servers, either:
Your pop server is assigned during your registration.
- POP (Email) Username- Is in the format of "youraccount.youruserid"
without quotes (replace with your actual login account and userid).
- Mail Password- Is the same as your login password.
- To Properly Send Email you need two settings:
- Email Address- The initial email address is assigned as userid@domain
where userid is your login userid (i.e. email@example.com).
- SMTP (Outgoing) Mail- smtp1.attglobal.net or smtp2.attglobal.net
SMTP allows mail to be sent, but you must be connected to our
service in order to use these servers.
- News (Usenet or NNTP) server- news1.attglobal.net or news2.attglobal.net or
news3.attglobal.net. News1.attglobal.net is restricted to connections from
the Americas and Asia/Pacific. News2.attglobal.net will only allow
connections from Europe, the Middle East and Africa. News3.attglobal.net
will allow unrestricted connections. Please view our News Service FAQ for more information.
- DNS Servers
|Corporate Intranet users should contact their SA.
|In Europe, the Middle East (except Israel) and Africa:
|In Israel, use the following:
|It is not required that you use these DNS servers based
upon your location. Doing so, however, can increase your
resolution of DNS names and the subsequent performance of