Subject: True Power and Reversing - Spoilers

From: "Brian T. Lindstrom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 16:34:00 -0600

Alrighty then, here's some space:

-

OK

In "Wonderful News" of WH, we are given a POV from Demandred.    He
expresses some amount of startlement or shock when Moridishy kills the rat,
because he didn't "feel" anything.  He then says it was the True Power and
shivers.

Then, we have the issue of Reversing.  In the final chapter, Verin and her
group end up facing off with Graendal.  They can't see the flows or the glow
of saidar around her, which seems to be the Reversing affect.  Then we have
Cyndanes POV where she thinks that the fact that she knows how to Reverse a
flow is an advantage over Alivia, and the way it is descrived matches Verin
et al's experience with Graendal.

Now, here is my connundrum.  When Demandred can't feel anything happening
with Moridishy, he automatically assumes it is the TP.  Why is that, when by
all accounts Moridishy could have Reversed his flows?

btl.

--
#
# Brian T. Lindstrom
# Cisco Systems, Inc
# [email-masked]
# PDGA #17404
#

---

From: "Avatar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 01:09:51 GMT

Brian T. Lindstrom <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:974068598.89776@sj-nntpcache-3...
> all accounts Moridishy could have Reversed his flows?
    We know males can invert weaves, but can they reverse? Could be another
source difference, albeit a crippling one for men. I tend to wonder:
Alviaran couldn't sense the source in Mesanna. She couldn't sense the weaves
either. What happens when a source hidden female channeller uses a reversed
weave near a male channeller? Would he get goose bumps?

---

From: "Brian T. Lindstrom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 21:05:24 -0600

"Avatar" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
> > Cyndanes POV where she thinks that the fact that she knows how to
Reverse
> a
> > with Moridishy, he automatically assumes it is the TP.  Why is that,
when
> by

When Demandred gets to Shadar Logoth, he mentions (to himself) that he
reversed his weaves just to be safe, so evidently it is possible.

Also, since as soon as he arrived he had to flee the explosions, we have to
assume that Cadsuane's ter'angreal can detect reversed weaves (which makes
sense if it was made for battle).

btl.

---

From: "Brian T. Lindstrom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 08:29:35 -0600

"Patrick Cotrona" <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
> Brian T. Lindstrom <[email-masked]> wrote:
> : Alrighty then, here's some space:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> : -
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> : OK
>
> : In "Wonderful News" of WH, we are given a POV from Demandred.    He
> : expresses some amount of startlement or shock when Moridishy kills the
rat,
> : because he didn't "feel" anything.  He then says it was the True Power
and
> : shivers.
>
> : Then, we have the issue of Reversing.  In the final chapter, Verin and
her
> : group end up facing off with Graendal.  They can't see the flows or the
glow
> : of saidar around her, which seems to be the Reversing affect.  Then we
have
> : Cyndanes POV where she thinks that the fact that she knows how to
Reverse a
> : flow is an advantage over Alivia, and the way it is descrived matches
Verin
> : et al's experience with Graendal.
>
> I don't see how reversing will hide the saidar glow; it's only described
> as something you can do with a weave or flow.  How does one "reverse"
their
> hold on the Source, anyway?  And why haven't the Forsaken used this
before?

Verin did not realize that Graendal was holding onto the source, ie could
not see the glow.

Also see the sections of the previous books where Alvarin is talking with
Messanna, the same thing is happening there.  For women, Reversing not only
hides the weaves but also hides the fact that you are holding saidar.

btl.