Subject: WH: Not very obvious conclusions (Spoilers, long)

From: "Oleg Ozerov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 18:05:09 GMT

Some Spoiler Space

Some More

That's it.

I don't want to post my thoughts on all the things from the book, as others
have already plentifully accomplished that, but to comment on more subtle
points. Surely, someone else will/has come up with this, too. I just want to
put my thoughts in a more organized manner.

*The Cleansing aka The Penultimate Battle.
I loved this chapter and it was good to see good guys working together.
However. The bad guys made me laugh. The association I had with the whole
"attack" is a bunch of people with sticks and shovels are trying to storm a
hill well defended by modern infantry with automatic firearms. How many good
guys were there? Three or four circles plus Cadsuane, Callandor, two angreal
and some battle-useful ter'angreal. People in the circles were, if not
F-strength, but still quite strong. The F. all acted individually and
without any kind of plan other than "I'll come as close as I can and strike
at Rand".
Ri-di-cu-lous.
Moghedien was the smartest of them.
I don't buy this whole affair. My (and not only) hunch is that Moridin sent
them there to try to die. Moreover, since Moridin is Nae'blis and could
likely either equip them with a mindtrap or just kill them, I would guess
that this was not a DO's idea.

Another interesting thing is the Graendal's comment on that upon Cleansing
the saidin using Forsaken will fal under the GL's suspicion. They did take
that very seriously. This offers another explanatioin for the last chapter.
Moridin and/or GL wanted to test the loyalty of the saidin-users (Would they
want saidin Cleansed more than they would want to obey GL's orders?). Note
the absence of Mesaana and Semirhage at the meeting, whatever the reasons.

The female access key broken! I don't recall there being another one. How
are they gonna use Choedan Kal in the Last Battle? It seems like Elayne will
have some crafting to do.

*The a'dam and Setalle Anan.
I think I've figured it out. Joline's warders tensed as soon as the a'dam
was on her, but that's understandable. a'dam is not a thing Aes Sedai would
be happy about on her neck. However, Joline did not start agonizing *until
she and Setalle mad a couple of steps*. If you recall the Siuan/Leane and
Moghedien a'dam experiment, I think that Moghedien did not move, therefore
nothing happened.
I posit that a stilled woman wearing an a'dam is the same as the a'dam
hanging on the wall. The leashed one cannot move in such a a circumstance
without beginning to wreathe in pain.

*Slayer stuff.
Whoever ordered Slayer made a gateway in T'A'R to leave. Why? We haven't
seen anybody use a gateway to move around T'A'R. Could this be an indication
of the user's ignorance or of that he made a gateway to the waking world to
a different place? Also, notably, the guy disguised himself similarly to
what Asmo did in Kadere's dreams, iirc. Another obsevation is that
apparently Far Madding's guardian doesn't guard against T'A'R reflection
(the disguised guy made a gateway). Could it be able to detect channelling
in T'A'R?? Can you arrive into Far Madding's reflection in T'A'R, and
somehow step out into the waking world from there?

Could Slayer have murdered Adeleas and Ispan? Perhaps in a way to cast
suspicion within the group of AS with Egwene.

*Far Madding itself.
Slightly unclear _when_ the guardian was made. Probably in the Breaking,
though. Now we have four distinguished characters from FM: Raolin, Yurian,
Cadsuane and Verin. Significance?

Verin thinks that some order against her still stands. Sort of implies that
she did something in FM under the name of Verin Mathwin fairly recently. If
Verin were really old, wouldn't Cadsuane know of that? Surely she would take
notice of a sister from her hometown. I say that Verin is substantially
younger than Cadsuane.

*Atha'an Miere.
Who's the Mistress of the ships now?

*On Semirhage is Anoth theory.
I support it, but with caution. The arguments for it are the same or weaker
than those in favor of Taimandred and look what happened to that.

*Verin's compulsion
It has obviously worked wonders on Elza. Probably on others as well. Did
Verin know that Elza was Black? Are we to think on whether all those
compelled by Verin were Black as well?

*Sharina Moloy
Nothing to say except that I am glad that I had picked up on this.

*Aes Sedai
Alright. Egwene's plan for AS/Kin integration is interesting but, I think,
doomed. Consider this. An Aes Sedai retires and becomes an Oath-free
Kinswoman. She keeps living on for a long time still. Presumably not while
doing embroidery. And then, a couple of hudred years later she is still
supposed to submit herself to some girl Amyrlin? It seems to me that this
way the Kin will overtake the Tower eventually and become the grey cardinal.

...If the Tower hangs on for that long as a place of authority. Look at
what's going on. The Wise ones harry Aes Sedai. The Atha'an Miere harry Aes
Sedai. And not only Windfinders. The Kin begin to do the same. If Egwene
doesn't do something fast, Aes Sedai will be the lowest status chanelling
group in a matter of months, and it may be too late.

O.