Subject: Questions and Topics index for WH (Spoilers)

From: Joseph Slonimsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 08:01:40 GMT

1. Who were the three people spying on Elayne/Egwene in Tel'aran'rhiod?
(Isam/Luc, One of Moggies black Ajah, and someone else?)
2. Who is the third person LTT speaks off? (or the person that Rand sees
during the power aquisition syndrome)
3. Who did Cyndane kill when she had to travel to Shadar Logoth? (it was
someone important, and 'to the south')
4. What is the connection between Verins mistake 70 years ago and the
arrest warrant for her in Far Madding? What did she do?
5. Who were the man and woman Isam killed? Who was he trying to kill?
(Nyneave and Lan?) and which of the chosen was commanding him?
6. Why did Isam ride out of Emonds field in the real world instead of
tel'aran'rhiod in book 4? Has he gained the ability to step from TAR to
the real world recently?
7. What do the colors in the Ta'verens heads when they think about each
other mean?
8. Why does Egwene have such a radical change of heart about the Oath
Rod? Is it becuase of what Siuan said or could this be Halimas
influence? (re: her fear of seanchan)
9. How do we account for Lanfears drop in Power as Cyndane, and yet her
being stronger than Greandal still?
10. What prophecy did the Damane give Tuon? Why did she smile at the end
when Mat said he'd take her along?
11. How was Fain able to create an illusion? Is it True power, one power
or Aridhol/Mordeth power? If it's the last, what implication does it
have for the balance of power theme (saidar/saidin/true power/mordeth
power??) esp considering how Rand cleaned the source.
12. How did Fain know about Taim, and his ordering of the Asha'man in
order to create the illusion in the first place?
13. How will Rand be different when he wakes up? Will LTT be gone? will
Rand be sane?
14. How will Alivia help Rand to die? (could this have something to do
with faking his death?)

Possible Changes to previously held ideas:
1. The sense of foreboding about Aram that Egwene feels may not be
becuase he is a darkfriend, but becuase he seems to be worshipping
Masema..
2. Now that Perrins group is chasing the Aiel, Berelains man in white
may turn out to be a Gai'shain instead of a whitecloak.

What the Hells:
1. First Nyneave finds out how to heal severing, and now Flinn
independantly manages to as well? How stupid were they in the AoL???
2. WHY THE F*CK did moridin spend all that time and effort making sure
Rand lived (In ACOS and POD) only to attempt to kill him now??
3. What the hell is up with Taim, Demandred and the DF Asha'man? Whats
their relationship to each other?

-Krax
Joseph Slonimsky

---

From: "Avatar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 09:23:45 GMT

Joseph Slonimsky <[email-masked]> wrote in message
news:[email-masked]...
> (Isam/Luc, One of Moggies black Ajah, and someone else?)

    There are so many possibles, but I'd be quicker to guess somebody who
doesn't know TAR very well, like Rand, rather than somebody who does, like
Moggy (ie they shouldn't have made any noise to pick up on).

> during the power aquisition syndrome)

    Either
    Rand, LTT, and a previous Dragon.
    Rand/LTT, Mat, and Perrin
    or
    Rand, LTT, and the person they'll be when they merge!

> (Nyneave and Lan?) and which of the chosen was commanding him?

    Well he says his nephew, which I took for Rand. Lan wouldn't be his
nephew. He'd be his cousin (on his other side, heh).

> tel'aran'rhiod in book 4? Has he gained the ability to step from TAR to

    I suppose if he just disappeared into thin air, it would have made
things even more obvious that there was something up with him.

> 7. What do the colors in the Ta'verens heads when they think about each

    That the end is on the horizon! The best guess I've seen so far, given
that Rand almost sees Mat once, is that they'll get a bit of a warder bond
to each other. Hey at least its got to make this whole kidnapping thing a
bit more difficult. I wonder what would have transpired had the Far Maddens
not let Rand out.

> influence? (re: her fear of seanchan)

    Its because she's growing up, and she's starting to see the effects that
people having a certain level of implicit trust has. Siuan started her down
that track. I wonder if being oath bound means you age faster, or if it just
means you die prematurely? The way Siuan dropped in age, I have a tendency
to think it doesn't really age you faster, or  if it does, it does it at a
curve, rather than linear rate.

> being stronger than Greandal still?

    Either the Finns did something to her (which she implies), or they
burned her out before killing her, and a black sister from Salidar healed
her as best she could. I thought the fact that only men can heal women
completely and vice versa to be very interesting, it was neat to see that
popular theory turn out true. At the time it just seemed like so much plot
contrivance, but I guess its not so terrible after all.

> power??) esp considering how Rand cleaned the source.

    I found that part odd, but it ties in with the other oddness Fain seems
to have about him. Fain seems to have gotten even odder, for that matter.
When he was Mordeth he pulled some neat tricks, maybe they're starting to
come back to him. I really wish we knew what happened when he tried to
escape.

> order to create the illusion in the first place?

    Fain was nearby and either overheard or oversaw it before he killed
them. Somehow he (assuming it was him), brought that moment back into
existence.

> 13. How will Rand be different when he wakes up? Will LTT be gone? will

    Probably neither. Maybe he wont be so sick all the time. Maybe not. I
have a feeling the Mordeth Evil will turn out to be a bigger deal, given the
way Aginor saw it as an ancient enemy way back in TEotW, and now its played
a big part with Fain, Rand's wound, and the taint.

> independantly manages to as well? How stupid were they in the AoL???

    I thought about this the moment after I read it. It's likely another
point about being limited by your beliefs (in the one power, amongst other
things of course). At some point they decided in the AoL that desevering was
just not possible. Then they stopped trying. Nynaeve didn't accept that, and
maybe Flinn

> Rand lived (In ACOS and POD) only to attempt to kill him now??

    Madder than a wet..

    Really though, it may be that he's reaching that TDR level of "ok now
he's getting too strong to handle" feeling about him again. Of course, this
time his all out attack doesn't involve him personally. Maybe since he
"plays both sides of the board", he had a feeling about what the result
would be anyway. Remember, Moridin/Ishy believes quite firmly in the
pattern, and philosophy. I don't think he believes Rand will die just yet,
regardless of what orders he gives.

> their relationship to each other?

    Well Taim may be dark, but its quite possible he's not. There's still
the question of his getting free in the first place, amongst other things.

    Up until now, going dark meant staying sane and alive. Demandred seems
to be harvesting Asha'man for the dark either way, since they took his
orders as well as Taim's. I wonder how that recruiting will go now. Sure the
occasional dark friend that gets scooped up will still add fodder to the
dread lord ranks, but they just lost one of their biggest bargaining chips.