Subject: The CHAT

From: [email-masked] (Aaron F. Bourque)
Date: 07 Nov 2000 05:31:34 GMT

Transcript is at WOTmania.com, in the message boards section. Barnes &
Nobles'll probably get it up within the week. Wouldn't be surprised it it was
there
sometime tomorrow.

There's nothing really new, of course.

However, some points:

James Koziol from Melbourne, Australia: Dear Mr. Jordan: Could you please give
finally "reveal all" about who killed asmodean at the end of the fifth book of
your
series? Much speculation has been bandied about, and you have said yourself
you have given us enough clues, so could you put said speculation to rest?
Thanks for your great series, it's been a really good read so far!

RJ: No. I will not put the speculation to rest! I'm rather entertained by the
speculation, actually. 

The evil bastard!

Liandra from The Netherlands: I understand there would be a person in The Eye
of the World, but that he was cut out or something. Who was he?

RJ: One of the characters who I have brought in later was a fellow named
Daniell
in TEOTW, and I brought him out because I realized he didn't have anything to
do there. I reintroduced hiim later. At that point, he was simply taking up
space.

"Daniell," eh? Wonder who he is now . . .

NOTE: RJ wasn't actually typing his answers, a B&N guy was transcribing his
answers over the phone, so if that's a typo . . .

Dayn S from California: What is going on with the NBC Eye of the World
mini-series?

RJ: To the best of my knowledge, nothing whatsoever. I have been told that the
people who were key in making the deal in the first place have all left NBC
now.
So I'm afraid that nothing is going to happen there.

I don't know whether to be happy that there'll be no Merlin-like miniseries, or
to
be dissapointed that there'll be no miniseries.

Pam Korda from Chicago: What exactly is the "hot" ter'angreal played with so
enthusiastically by Elayne and when will we see it actually put into use?

RJ: Read and find out, Pam. You're experienced enough at this to know that I
wouldn't give that answer, I think!

What is so fascinating about this thing?

Pablo from Illian, NY: Mr. Jordan, of all your characters, which would you most
like to see die?

RJ: (laughs) I can't say that I'd like to see any of them die!

Well, that's just great, sracasm, sarcasm.

Jiri Kristek from The Czech Rep.: Mr. Jordan How many hours per day do you
aproxometly spend writeing, and do you listen to music meanwhile or do you
prefere the silence?

RJ: I usually write to classical music of various kinds, and occasionally
Chinese
or Japanese music. I like to listen to rock and to jazz, but I can't write to
them.
As for the number of hours, I try to do at least 8 hours a day, six or seven
days
a week. When the schedule gets very hectic, that can grow to twelve hours a
day 7 days a week, and no time off.

Doesn't he always say that?

Missy from Oregon: Do the portrayals of the people on the covers, match what
you think they look like?

RJ: Yes and no. It's very hard to get an artist to portray someone just as you
see them. If I were an artist, perhaps the covers would show the people
EXACTLY as I see them. But since I'm not, we have to make do with me giving
descriptions to the artist.

Diplomatic, eh?

Rob Hill from Cardiff, Wales, U.K.: Who would win in a sword fight between lan
and galad? My moneys on lan.

RJ: (laughs) Unless you can find someone else to bet with, use your money to
buy yourself some beer.

Hmm . . . he doesn't say RAFO . . .

Doug Carlson from Urbana, IL: Is there any way to escape a mindtrap other than
death?

RJ: To be released, you can be released from it.

So, you can be released from a mindtrap. Probably have to prove your worth to
the Dark One somehow, first.

Bela the Horse from Tel'aran'rhiod: What was the "extra bit" in Path of
Daggers?
Was it the kiss or the bonding? Please help settle this long-standing dispute.

RJ: The kiss is necessary, because that's how they learned to do it, because
that's how the fellow that developed it did it. The extra bit is something in
the
bonding, and you'll find out what in Winter's Heart. You should have gotten a
clue, I think, in the scene where the bonding took place.

Most likely the Compulsion bit is the "Extra Bit." Hmm . . . so Logain could do
without the Compulsion bit, could he?

Aw, he's a *nice* tyrannical overlord. Good for him!

Like I said, nothing new, just a few interesting things.

Aaron "The Mad Whitaker" Bourque

-- 
Being grown up all the time is only a sign of immaturity.

Come on, people! Grow up! Act stupid!