Subject: King of Prussia signing ( slight tPoD spoilers)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 15:41:13 GMT

Spoiler space provided for your usenet reading comfort . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . Well I went to the signing.  A nice crowd and rather quiet. 
Highlight of waiting was the mall cop roosting all the people sitting on the
floor reading as they waited.  Seems it lowered the tone of the august KoP
Mall.  The 'cop' explained that 'mall shoppers might get the wrong
impression'.  He was a bit baffled when the guy next to me told him that
since Gene's had a policy that RJ would only be signing books bought from
their store, everyone in line was a 'shopper'.

Apparently the picture in the back flap went unnoticed.  RJ sat down at the
table and few people even noticed him.	I made the comment that he was there
and people kept looking around to spot him.  RJ seemed rather amused by this.

Once again most people seemed reluctant to ask him any questions.  Almost
everyone in front of me had their book handed to him and said thank you after
he signed it.  When the first question was asked RJ actually  seemed to be
relieved.  Unfortunately it was impossible to hear what he did say to anyone
else.

I was able to get a few questions in.  Karl-Johan I got a RAFO about the
nature of Fain.  However I think I worded the question differently than we
had originally planned.  Damn if I could find the paper I tok notes on before
I went to the signing.

Gender/soul rebirth he said is best illustrated by Mat and Birgitte. But he
then said that there was more to it than that. Not sure what he meant
exactly. Probably the point.

And the silly trivial 'I-just-want-to-know-without-a-doubt-question' which
almost got me more than I had planned.

I asked him whether Delana Mosalaine had been raised to the Hall as Sitter
before the Tower split or after.  Karl-Johan and Jed probably recall our
analysis of the Halls a month ago.

I probably pronouced the name wrong because he just looked at me. I prompted
by saying 'Delana, the Gray Sitter who we know is Black. Siuan's old friend
>from  novicedom.'

RJ started to say something but was trying to find th right words when I
foolishly helped him out by saying 'Delana was raised at Salidar'.  He said
yes and laughed.  I tried then to follow up with asking him if she was an
important aspect of Siuan's pattern in the young Sitters.  RAFO was the
response.

I may go down to my dad's tomorrow to catch him at Bailey's Crossing.
So Karl-Johan what was the third question we decided on?

---
JSH

-----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==----------
http://www.dejanews.com/       Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own