Subject: Signing

From: "Ryan R." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 12:08:08 -0400

This is just a little info from the New York signing on Tuesday.  I haven't
posted it until now because I wanted to make sure it wasn't in the books.

I asked Jordan when a man with the spark would slow.  He hesitated and
rubbed his chin, obviously trying to make up the answer on the spot, and
doing it to be consistent with the books.  The answer is:  Women usually
slow at twenty, sometimes a little earlier, but usually around there.  Men
wouldn't slow until 25, usually closer to thirty.  He claims that they
could go past thirty, but that probably depends on how early they start and
how much they channel.

So, if Taim started at twenty or so, like Rand (actually, that's later than
Rand), and channeled a reasonable amount, he would probably slow at
twenty-seven or thereabouts.  After all, Nynaeve started probably at
sixteen or seventeen, and only channeled on the uncommon occasion that
someone was dying in her presence of some disease, and slowed at
twenty-three (that's the age Setalle Anan thought she was, but she's
twenty-six).  That's seven years or so.

Well, Taim looks thirty-five, according to Rand.  He shouldn't.  Even if he
didn't slow until he was thirty-two, Rand still wouldn't have estimated him
as being as much as fifteen years older than he was.  So, my
conclusion--Taim is Demandred.  Only a Forsaken could look that old, given
the slowing.  Yes, I know it's not solid, irrefutable evidence, but it's
still good evidence.  That's my two cents.

--
Ryan R.                 [email-masked]
"He Who Just Missed Coming With the Dawn"