Subject: Brief NY and Social Signing Report

From: [email-masked] (Aaron Bergman)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 02:08:26 -0400

Well, the book signing was mobbed. There were well over 150 seats and
people were standing. It was strictly controlled with people going to have
books signed one row at a time. This, of course, left little time for
conversation.

I was seated next to three random people who happened to have lurked on
the group. I also had a copy of the FAQ with me that two people
recognized. So, perhaps the great lurker hordes do exist. Anyways, after
scaring the people around me for a little bit, I went up to the books and
decided to ask Jordan about Asmodean. In particular, I asked whether
"death" was just a pun on "Moridin". He said "oh, god no" quite
disgustedly. This made me feel much better and should hopefully put the
issue to rest. He also said that by the end of this book, it should be
obvious who killed Asmodean and that it is definitely possible to figure
it out the instant he dies.

That was all I was able to ask. A group of us then walked over and chatted
with Tom Doherty and someone named Linda (?) at Tor. PNH wasn't there as
far as I could tell.

We then went down to the cafe and finally found Bradj bringing the group
to me, Nathan Lundblad, Burr, Becky Slitt, Dennis Higbee, bradj and two
people whose name I forget. Nathan had to leave to get back to Boston and
the rest of us ate dinner at a Brewpub across the street. Someone else can
summarize this, I suppose.

We later left.

That's it. I did say brief.

Aaron