Subject: [TAG] Bad Gecko image

From: Mike Orr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 08:35:03 -0800

Gecko is having trouble displaying this image:

http://sluggo.kicks-ass.org/lg/100/misc/pramode/euler.png
http://sluggo.kicks-ass.org/lg/100/pramode.html

[If publishing, replace URLs with links to this issue.]

Instead of the image, which is a black-and-white mathematical formula, I'm
seeing a white space in Mozilla Firefox (0.8) and Galeon (1.2.5 / Mozilla
1.0.0).  However, Konqueror (3.1.0) displays it fine, as does display and the
GINP.  Is it just my computer or is it happening everywhere?

-- 
-Mike Orr (aka. Sluggo), [email-masked]  ([email-masked])
   http://sluggo.kicks-ass.org/                  Cxu vi parolas Esperante?
_______________________________________________
TAG mailing list
[email-masked]
http://linuxgazette.net/mailman/listinfo/tag

---

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:45:32 +0000 (GMT)

> [If publishing, replace URLs with links to this issue.]

Won't be publishing this month, Mike. The mbox is on freeze.
 
> GINP.  Is it just my computer or is it happening everywhere?

Happens to me as well, using mozilla 1.0.1, and FireFox 0.8. Dillo has no
trouble displaying it at all. I believe this is a known problem with the
gecko engine...

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"The Linux Weekend Mechanic" -- http://linuxgazette.net
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

"<shrug> We'll just save up your sins, Thomas, and punish 
you for all of them at once when you get better. The 
experience will probably kill you. :)"

 -- Benjamin A. Okopnik (Linux Gazette Technical Editor)

___________________________________________________________
Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" 
your friends today! Download Messenger Now 
http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html
_______________________________________________
TAG mailing list
[email-masked]
http://linuxgazette.net/mailman/listinfo/tag

---

From: Breen Mullins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 12:46:20 -0800

> trouble displaying it at all. I believe this is a known problem with 

It also fails using Safari 1.0

Breen

--
Breen Mullins
San Mateo, California
<[email-masked]>

---

From: Ben Okopnik <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:23:22 -0500

> GINP.  Is it just my computer or is it happening everywhere?

I like converting stuff to XPM for that kind of troubleshooting - and
sure as hell, there it is:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
/* XPM */
static char *euler[] = {
/* columns rows colors chars-per-pixel */
"159 35 3 1",
"  c black",
". c gray100",
"X c None",
/* pixels */
"........................................................................................................................................XXX....................",
"....................................................................X..............................................................X......XX...................",
"...................................................................X.....XXXXX.........................................XXXXX.......X....X..X...................",
"..................................................................X.....X...XX........................................X...XX........X.....XX...................",

[elided]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The numbers are transparent on a "gray100" background. If they were
e.g., black on white, they'd most likely show up fine.

[quick test]

Yep, shows up fine in Firebird 0.7. I'll go ahead and upload it into the
repository.

* Ben Okopnik * okopnik.freeshell.org * Technical Editor, Linux Gazette *
-*- See the Linux Gazette in its new home: <http://linuxgazette.net/> -*-
_______________________________________________
TAG mailing list
[email-masked]
http://linuxgazette.net/mailman/listinfo/tag