From: [email-masked] (Stephen Kent Worsnop)
Date: 6 Jul 95 14:42:09 -0300

INTRODUCTION:

  Welcome to the frequently posted Legends list for rasfwrj.  This 
list is a farce created by my demented imagination but for most 
of you out there these stories should be taken to heart and 
esposed to all non-believers. So now that all that administravia
is out of the way on with the stories.

Key to Listed FPLs:
  	T  = Even I believe it and I'm a scientist. 
             aka The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth 
        ICH= Well it could happen. aka well Novak said it was true
             so it must be.
  	TL = Totally loony. aka there's no proof for this but when
             has that stopped us before. 
  	LOL= This is so wrong that I almost peed myself laughing. 
  	BS = A legend which grew from a known post or a post with
	     known origin. aka the snowball effect.
  	HMM= Unanswerable do to expected threats to my personal 
             safety.

==============================================================================

                   The Frequently Posted Legends of RASFWRJ.

"No I mean I really did read it in the books."

BS  - Mat has memories of two different people from the same time.
      o  This has been said many a time but no evidence for it has
         ever been found.

LOL - Healing is healing.
      o  Not only does it not make any sense but there is evidence
         in the books that contradicts it.

HMM - Erica Sadun has a set of unpublished books that are the true
      interpretation of the WoT and that is why some of her quotes
      don't compare with the books you have.
      o  I'm inclined to believe this since we all know how nice 
         Erica is and so she would never try to pull a hoax on us.
         We also know how big her Warder's Ram truck is.  

"Newbies 'R' Us"

LOL - Newbies should not lurk in rasfwrj before posting.
      o  Not only is it a breach of netiquette but it usually brings
         out the bad side of Novak/Oilcan/... 

T   - The FAQ was written to sit at the back of your collection to 
      be brought up and spit out every time you have a divorce..
      ,um, I mean before you decide to post.
      o  Okay 5 points for the reference (hey this one is easy so
         it ain't worth much.)

ICH - If you ask a FAQ Hawk/Pam/(insert oldtimer of choice here) 
      will kindly point you to the FAQ without flaming you.
      o  It has been known to happen from time to time.

T   - If you ask a FAQ Karl-John Noren will send you a pointer to 
      the FAQ.
      o  K-J has appointed himself as the unofficial greeter of 
         the group. Although he doesn't have any Wal-Mart 
         experience he does a good job. 

LOL - If you post a FAQ claiming it to be the one and only answer
      and that all other discussions before yours are moot then 
      you will not be flamed.
      o  All I can say if you do this you'd better have asbestos
         underwear.

T   - Joe "Uno" Shaw is the keeper of the rasfwrj FAQ and Pam Korda
      is the WoT FAQueen.
      o  These people have spent quite a bit of time on these 
         fabulous works so if your a newbie get down on your
         knees and lick their boots or then again you could
         just thank them.
 
"RASFWRJ and You"

TL  - RASFWRJ is tainted and all posters will be affected by this
      taint. 
      o  Well I have seen some people seem to slip into madness 
         on rasfwrj.

BS  - RASFWRJ is a moderated newsgroup.
      o  If it was truly moderated then this post would never
         have gotten through.

LOL - Pam/Novak/Erica is the groups moderator.
      o  You don't read very well do you.  Look up, look way up.  No 
         that's too far.  Just above this legend is another one.  As
         you can see it says that this group is not moderated so how
         could it have a moderator?

LT  - TAN stands for the colour of the ninth Ajah.
      o  Maybe but within rasfwrj it stands for....Hey this is in
         the rasfwrj FAQ you should know it already.

LOL - Posters on rasfwrj are all a bunch of semi-literate brainwashed
      morons.
      o  That's another flamewar all together.

ICH - Posters on rasfwrj are all a bunch of semi-brainwashed literate
      morans.
      o  Dunno still trying to figure out what a moran is.

ICH - You should use words like squicking and felching in all of your
      posts.
      o  Well as long as it still has Jordan content.

T   - If you do use words like squicking and felching in all of your
      posts then your name is Mark Loy.
      o  Although his mind seems to _be_ the proverbial gutter he
         still makes me laugh. 

"Socials and other rules to the RASFWRJ Drinking Game"

LOL - Novak truly is the humblest man on the net.
      o  Excuse me...<checks what he is wearing> yep I'm okay 
         I've got clean underwear on.

LOL - Hawk likes to be called a 'cutie'
      o  Well it's your life.

HMM - Bill Garret is also known as Padan Fain.
      o  <looks around for any computer generated dinosaurs> Umm, well,
         um, No Comment.  

ICH - RASFRJ Warders like big Ram trucks with off-road tires.
      o  Ask those with Warders for more info on this one.

LOL - Chad "Oilcan" Orzel is a very small animal.
      o  Well from what I've heard a bear isn't a small animal.

T   - Piglet is a very small animal.
      o  What didn't you read any Winnie the Pooh?
 
LOL - You should have memorised how you are related to everyone 
      else in RASFWRJ.
      o  Well I must say I don't even know who my grandmother is
         here.

BS  - If you've never been to a DFS then you are a loser.
      o  I've never been to one.  

HMM - Bill and Hawk should go and get their own newsgroup if 
      they're going to keep doing that.
      o  This is a family newsfroup afterall.

Well there they all are however if you have something to add or 
comment about the above then keep it to yourself.  If you just
want to procrastinate then mail me my address should be in my
sig.