Subject: WRITE THESIS FAST

From: [email-masked] (Bernard T. Donovan)
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 19:20:00 PST

This letter was first written by a graduate student in Europe in 1954
and has traveled around the world at least 16 times.  At first I
wouldn't believe that it would work, but after trying it, I am now a
believer in its mystical and magical power.

This letter was received by a graduate student in Chicago, IL in 1973
and within two weeks, he had completed a 5600 page doctoral
dissertation and began a career which lead to a Nobel Prize.  A few
years later, another graduate student received this letter and sent it
to 5 of her friends, and she too completed a 3100 page paper which is
continues to grow to this day!

Simply write five pages of text on the given subjects for each person
on this list.  Than place your name in slot #1 and move everyone else's
name down one space.  Send this letter to ten of your colleagues, and
within a month, you too will have a thesis or disertation which your
advisor can choke on if he or she doesn't go blind or break his or her
back first.
1.	Bernard T. Donovan, M.S. student in biochemistry
EPR spectroscopy of crud from my refrigerator

2.	James C. Messier, PhD. student in political science
The Cuban Missile Crisis: What if Nixon were president?

3.	Frances K. Allen, M.A. student in music theory
Development of polyphonic forms from Gregorian Chant

4.	Penny S. Jordan, PhD student in computer science
Is Windows 95 merely Mac 84?

5.	Thomas J. Quinn, MBA student
Bears and Bulls in the stock market, but what about Sox and Cubs?

The last person who received this letter and did not respond was
tormented by receiving 100-level teaching assignments until he was 40
years old.  Today he works as a clerk for the Little-Plastic-Pizza-Table
Museum in Cleveland, OH, making minimum wage and regretting his
terrible decision not to perpetuate this letter.

--
From the RHF archives as selected by Brad Templeton, Maddi Hausmann and
Jim Griffith.  This newsgroup posts former jokes from the newsgroup
rec.humor.funny.

Web users, you can read a random joke from the archives just by bookmarking 
	http://www.netfunny.com/cgi-bin/randomurl/rhf/jokes/masterlist