Subject: Re: How do I get off the mailing list?
From: CyberPeasant <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 17:32:47 -0400 (EDT)

Jack hacker wrote:
> I'm already recieving an incredible amount of email and cannot
> handle [email-masked] mailing list.

First, you should get your priorites straight. dc-stuff will do you
more good than that Alanis Morissette binaries list or whatever it is
that you insult us with, by choosing it over us.

> 
> Does anyone know how I can get off this mailing list?

Second, yes. Jack Domo does, see below.

It depends whether you have the five-year or the lifetime subscription.
Both of these can be terminated in the same way, through patience
or death. For termination-through-death, your will should specify
a number of, eh, specific and interesting clauses, including a
generous bequest to the CyberPeasant Relocation Fund. We have lawyers
here who will help with this.

To discover which kind of subscription you have, you will need to
study the mail headers in great detail. Most of us here can't help,
since we're lifers, having sold our souls to Satan, are Crack addicts,
and/or are under the control of various background daemons. Others
have inherited their subscriptions from deceased, caring friends
or relatives, and would no more think of unsubscribing than of
jumping off a bridge.

It's possible that your subscription is new enough that you can
still cancel it by stopping payment on the credit-card charge.
There are several list members who will assist you in this, but
they will need your credit card and bank account numbers, in order
to verify our records. Just post these numbers to the list, and
the proper personnel will process your accounts in 24 hours.

The Operations Officer here is a volunteer retired military officer, 
Major Jack [Full-Metal Jacky] Domo, you can ask him for help at
[email-masked], once you have studied the mail headers to find
your subscription type.

It is said that unsubscribing is like taking a shit: nobody else
can do it for you. In this it differs from, say, taking a
girlfriend.