Subject: New tag idea
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 97 19:30:02 EST
Newsgroups: rec.humor.funny

Found in the news group comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html
was the following proposal for a new HTML tag:

[Note - written by Melissa Algeo ([email-masked]) and posted with her
	approval.  Originally appeared in comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html
	on 2/3/97 - ed.]

--------
SUBLIMINAL - Subliminal messages

 Appearance:
             <SUBLIMINAL> </SUBLIMINAL>
 Attributes:
             None.
 Contents:
             TT, I, B, U, STRIKE, BIG, SMALL, SUB, SUP, EM, STRONG,
             DFN, CODE, SAMP, KBD, VAR, CITE, A, APPLET, IMG, FONT,
             BASEFONT, BR, MAP, INPUT, SELECT, TEXTAREA and plain
             text.

 May occur in:
             DIV, CENTER, BLOCKQUOTE, FORM, TH, TD, DT, DD, LI, P, H1,
             H2, H3, H4, H5, H6, ADDRESS, TT, I, B, U, STRIKE, BIG,
             SMALL, SUB, SUP, EM, STRONG, DFN, CODE, SAMP, KBD, VAR,
             CITE, FONT, A, APPLET, CAPTION.

The SUBLIMINAL tag is used to mark text which should be rendered as a
subliminal message rather than made consciously visible.  Suggested
rendering is much like that of the much-beloved <BLINK>, except that
the subliminal text should be off most of the time and should only
flash on for periods too short to be consciously observed.

The SUBLIMINAL tag should not be nested.

Sample usage:

     <HTML>
     <HEAD>
     <TITLE>Melissa's Home Page</TITLE>
     </HEAD>
     <BODY>

     <H1>Melissa's Home Page</H1>

     <P>Hi everyone, and welcome to my home page!</P>

     <SUBLIMINAL> 
     Worship Melissa, you unworthy dogs!  Kneel at her feet and obey
     her in all things!  And send her money!
     </SUBLIMINAL>

     <P>I hope you like it!</P>

     </BODY>
     </HTML>

Notes:
     Authors should note that Lynx and Mosaic users will be able to
     see your subliminal text plainly, and may catch on to you.

--
Selected by Jim Griffith.  MAIL your joke to [email-masked].
Attribute the joke's source if at all possible.  A Daemon will auto-reply.

Jokes ABOUT major current events should be sent to [email-masked]
(ie. jokes which won't be funny if not given immediate attention.)
Anything that is not a joke submission goes to [email-masked]
For the full submission guidelines, see http://comedy.clari.net/rhf/