Subject: Diplomacy with the police II
From: [email-masked] (Dan N Wiebe)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 7:20:01 PST
Newsgroups: rec.humor.funny.reruns

My brother's psychology professor, a Yankee's Yankee and a
feminist's feminist, tells the following story on herself to illustrate
that doctorates don't necessarily make you smart.

	She was driving to a workshop in Atlanta from her home in Ohio.
It was about 10 am, and she'd been driving the entire preceding day and night
herself, and she was consequently not in the best of tempers as she searched
for a motel in which to crash.

	A Georgia state policeman pulled her over, got out of his cruiser,
swaggered up to her driver's window, bent down, and drawled, "Lookie here,
darlin',"--uh oh, everybody duck--"Lookie here, darlin', *nobody* blows
through Georgia *that* fast."

	Said the feminist Yankee overtired psychology professor: "Sherman did."

	She says he was not satisfied merely to give her a speeding ticket;
he made her follow him fifty miles out of her way to Nowheresburg, GA, and
wait at the police station until three in the afternoon for a circuit judge
to arrive so that he could explain to her why it wasn't the best idea in
the world to be impolite to policemen, who were after all interested only
in creating the safest possible environment for everybody including her,
etc. etc.  The lecture went on for about two hours, she says, after which
she was released to drive the fifty miles back to her route and resume her
search for someplace to crash.

	True story--anyway, that's what my brother said.

-- 
rec.humor.funny.reruns is a moderated newsgroup.  If you are seeing postings in
the group other than the repostings from netfunny.com then your site's
software is misconfigured.  Write your site's admin (usenet@yoursite) and ask
them to make sure RHF and RHF.reruns are configured as "moderated."