Subject: Nuclear warhead guidance in java.
From: [email-masked] (Mark Sedlock)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 96 19:30:01 EDT
Newsgroups: rec.humor.funny

This is an extract from the Windows NT license agreement...
     (there wasn't any copyright on the license agreement...)

[...]

7.  NOTE ON JAVA SUPPORT. THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT CONTAINS SUPPORT FOR
PROGRAMS WRITTEN IN JAVA.  JAVA TECHNOLOGY IS NOT FAULT TOLERANT AND IS
NOT DESIGNED, MANUFACTURED, OR INTENDED FOR USE OR RESALE AS ON-LINE
CONTROL EQUIPMENT IN HAZARDOUS ENVIRONMENTS REQUIRING FAIL-SAFE
PERFORMANCE, SUCH AS IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, AIRCRAFT
NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL, DIRECT LIFE
SUPPORT MACHINES, OR WEAPONS
SYSTEMS, IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF JAVA TECHNOLOGY COULD LEAD DIRECTLY TO
DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.

[...]

Damn!  And I was so looking forward to managing my nuclear arsenal
with Java....

--
Selected by Jim Griffith.  MAIL your joke to [email-masked].

This newsgroup is sponsored by ClariNet Communications Corp.  Read about
The Internet Joke Book -- the best of RHF at http://www.clari.net/inetjoke.html