Subject: Microsoft-NBC joint venture
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 96 4:30:07 EDT
Newsgroups: rec.humor.funny

This came from [email-masked] in the joke BB of the Women's Center.

[email-masked]
******************************************************************************

In honor of NBC and Microsoft's joint venture, I give you some of the
rejected show titles and ideas for NBC's fall schedule.  

This Old Mainframe - Host Bob Vila revamps a Univac and shows you how
       you can turn an old PC into a functional doorstep or other
       decorative object.

Name That Software - Contestants attempt to identify well-known
       business programs by looking at the least number of lines of code.

My Three Suns - Neighbors wonder why Steve Douglas keeps three UNIX
       based work-stations in a suburban neighborhood.

Wang Can Cook - Chef Charles Wang blends together software in an
       incomprehensible manner from companies he's purchased.  Studio
       guests grudgingly pay ever higher prices for his creations.

Leave it to Spindler - The Spindler tries to earn money by selling
       apples but finds he can't sell them for as much as he paid for
       them; tries to make it up in volume.  Ward, June and the Board of
       Directors sigh.

WordPerfect Strangers - Larry decides that using groupware would be a
       good way to meet women, but Balki's laser printer explodes ruining
       any chances of connectivity.

Mayberry CPU - Andy discovers that his digital clock has more
       intelligence than Goober.  Aunt Bee debugs Floyd's electronic cash
       register.

The Honeymooners - Ralph dreams up a way to hit it rich with a 3-D
       word processor, but it turns out to be vaporware.  Ed makes
       millions creating "Norton's Utilities".

Mr. Rom's Neighborhood - Mr.  Rom puts young ones to sleep by reading
       selections from various IBM documentation.

Says Me Street - Muppet like forms of Bill Gates, Larry Ellison and
       Scott McNealy show children how to work and play together on the
       information highway.  Large character known as Big BlueBird is a
       favorite of the kids although no one really knows why.

--
Selected by Jim Griffith.  MAIL your joke (jokes ONLY) to [email-masked].
If you see a problem with an RHF posting, reply to the poster please,
not to us.  Ask the poster to forward comments back to us if this is necessary.
For the full RHF guidelines, see http://comedy.clari.net/rhf/