Subject: How to handle the police
From: [email-masked] (The Polymath)
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 97 15:20:03 EST
Newsgroups: rec.humor.funny.reruns

This story would go in rec.humor except a personal friend of the woman
involved assured me it actually happened:  (This is more likely an
urban legend.)

The woman in question, a cute blonde as it happens, was pulled over for
speeding by a California Highway Patrol motorcycle officer.  When he
walked up to her window and opened his ticket book she said:

"I bet you're going to sell me a ticket to the Highway Patrolman's
Ball."

He replied:

"No, Highway Patrolmen don't have balls."

There followed a moment of silence while she smiled and he realized
what he'd said.  He then closed his book, got back on his motorcycle
and left.

She was laughing too hard to start her car for several minutes.

--

(Is this how urban legends get started?)

The Polymath (aka:  Jerry Hollombe, [email-masked])

--
From the RHF archives as selected by Brad Templeton, Maddi Hausmann and
Jim Griffith.  This newsgroup posts former jokes from the newsgroup
rec.humor.funny.   Visit http://comedy.clari.net/rhf to browse the RHF pages
and archives on the web.

Take care in replying to postings in this group -- most were submitted
years ago.