[web-team] [Officers] meeting directions

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Mar 26 22:15:29 PST 2005

Quoting William R Ward (bill at svlug.org):

> I didn't tell anyone to write instructions to either the Installfest
> OR the Westin.

Please let me clarify.

I took care of those two tasks because they needed doing _and_ because
they're the Web Team's (webmasters') responsibility.  The Web Team has
consisted for some time of me and Heather Stern (and unfortunately
Heather's been rather too busy to help lately).

You're aware of this, but just in case anyone else isn't:  Web
maintenance is coordinated on the web-team at lists.svlug.org mailing list:
make significant changes to SVLUG's Web pages (obviously) need to be
on that list.  (Thus, Heather's there, I'm there, you're there, Paul's
there, etc.)

That's not new:  Site maintenance has been coordinated that way since
forever.

Even though I've been the sole active Web Team guy for a while, I've
been nonetheless posting there about anything significant going on, if
only to make sure you and Paul are kept informed, and so I can consult
you on policy matters.

Documentation about the Web Team:
http://www.svlug.org/teams/web-team.shtml  (As has been my practice
elsewhere, I've updated and corrected that page, but made no substantive
change otherwise.)

The Web Team has occasionally had dinners in the past, and, oddly
enough, Heather and I had _already_ been planning to have one soon, in
part in hopes of roping in Margaret Wendell, who expressed interest in
helping.